Thursday, May 22, 2008

Snapping into Reality

I had a very interesting night. Pretty normal. My friend came over and we talked for a bit. Then we ordered pizza for dinner. After I finished I went to the gym for the first time by myself. The only thing was, was that I had to leave the gym to make it back in time for a season finally. I haven't watched the show in the longest time because I was away. Tonight it was supposed to be exciting to watch the show but instead it was eye openning. A big one. During commericials my brother was flicking channals to sports games and to say in irked me is an understatement. I was really annoyed and I said "You know, we're watching a serious show, and I can't take it that you keep flicking to sports, it ruins the mood!" My brothers with his swift comment replies, "Sports is more real than your show so close your eyes if you don't want to look!" The irony of it all? I was making a big deal about some fictional show with fictional characters who have conflict that's all fiction. And sports was bothering me because it was ruining my show? Sports that is actually real life people playing a game that is actually real? Sports is better than my show?

No comments: